Policies and Guidelines
All advertising creative must perform acceptably on Expedia, Inc. sites and adhere to these guidelines. Expedia, Inc. reserves the right to reject or to suspend any creative that is deemed by Expedia, Inc. in its sole discretion, to disrupt site service or performance or is reported to negatively affect user experience.
The advertising content must be clearly identifiable as an advertisement.
- The Advertiser must fulfill the advertised offer as stated in the advertisement, including without limitation, not altering any offer periods, product offers or prices that are stated in the advertisement unless Advertiser has obtained Expedia's prior approval.
- Advertisements may include a specific price offer (e.g. up to 20% off or from $150) with the appropriate verification to support offer availability. Verification must satisfy the legal advertising requirements of the specific region where the media will be displayed. Advertisements that include a specific price offer must clearly indicate that terms and conditions apply, i.e. *T&C’s apply.
- Advertisements cannot mislead the user. For example, they may not mimic or resemble Windows/Mac/Unix dialog boxes, error messages, or the like.
- Standard IAB advertisements cannot resemble Expedia, Inc. sites' content.
- Native advertisements should adhere to Expedia, Inc's creative guidelines and must be first party served.
- Advertisements cannot solicit or collect, or appear to solicit or collect, any personally identifiable information from Expedia, Inc. visitors without their knowledge.
- Advertisements associated with politics will not be accepted.
- Advertisements cannot contain graphics that simulate interactivity (i.e. dropdown menus, search boxes etc.) without that functionality actually existing.
- Advertisements cannot mimic news headlines in design, tone, third person sentence structure, or topic.
Expedia, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject any creative for any reason.
- Must be initiated by user click
- Must include a clearly labeled button or link to stop audio
- Audio clips cannot loop
Additional specifications that amend or supersede these general guidelines may apply for individual ad products.
URL's cannot be included on ad creative in content or combined with a logo.
- At no time can advertisers store, collect or use Expedia, Inc. user behavior or search data collected or inferred from ads.
- At no time can advertisers retarget our shoppers using conversion tags, creative tags, data tracking tags, or 1x1 tags.
IAB (Internet Advertising Bureau) Standards
Expedia specifications for standard and rich media creative comply with the standards established by the Internet Advertising Bureau.
Expedia must approve all advertising content prior to posting on an Expedia, Inc. site, in Expedia's sole discretion. Once advertising content has been posted on Expedia, Inc., Expedia shall have the right to remove previously approved advertising content from Expedia, Inc. if Expedia later determines that Advertiser's advertising does not meet Expedia, Inc.'s standards.
What may be considered inappropriate and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis:
- Involves an advertiser in a category where Expedia has previously granted exclusive rights to another party
- Unreasonable or highly unlikely product or service claims
- Double entendres
- Tobacco advertisements (cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, etc)
- Illegal drug advertisements
- Gambling advertisements (excluding state lotteries, sweepstakes and fantasy leagues)
- Graphic violence
In addition to Expedia, Inc.'s terms described herein, the terms of the applicable Advertising Agreement, including the Specifications and Submission requirements, apply to each such insertion order.