The Jordan Tourism Board; Atlantis, The Palm; Scandinavian Airlines; AccorHotels; Israel GovernmentTourism Organization and Utah Office of Tourism recognized for marketing campaign excellence
Berlin, March 10, 2016 – Expedia® Media Solutions, the advertising sales division of the Expedia group, today announced the recipients of its 2015 EMEA Partner Awards at ITB Berlin, the world’s leading travel trade show. The annual awards are part of Expedia Media Solutions’ global awards program and celebrate partner campaigns that exemplify innovation, creativity and success in travel marketing.
Each award-winning campaign showcases creative and innovative ways to engage audiences and drive impressive results. The brands recognized by the awards program partnered with Expedia Media Solutions to develop strategic campaigns that effectively leverage the Expedia group platforms, products, creative team and vast partner network.
“This year’s EMEA Partner Award winners showcase groundbreaking levels of sophistication and innovation in the travel marketing category,” said Noah Tratt, Senior Global Vice President of Expedia Media Solutions. “The campaigns are a testament to how a brand can successfully come to life on our platform and inspire travelers to look at destinations, hotels or airlines in a new light.”
These annual awards recognize campaigns that leverage media solutions across travel marketing categories and include the following recipients this year.
2015 EMEA Destination Campaign of the Year: The Jordan Tourism Board
The Jordan Tourism Board partnered with Expedia Media Solutions to create an awareness campaign designed to educate travelers across Germany, France and the U.K. about the wide variety of attractions Jordan has to offer beyond the famous archaeological city of Petra. The tag line, “Discover Jordan… Petra is just the beginning,” alongside images and a video of Jordan’s many attractions and enticing places to dine inspired travelers to learn more about the country. The content was delivered to target audiences across Expedia and Travelocity sites through a customized landing page, which was supported by display ads. To maximize exposure with travelers during the decision making process, Expedia Media Solutions’ Passport Ads were used as an offsite retargeting tool. The campaign resulted in an impressive 35 and 43 percent increase from the previous year in passengers and rooms nights booked, respectively for the targeted regions.
2015 EMEA Hotel Campaign of the Year: The Atlantis, The Palm in Dubai
Atlantis, The Palm, the first entertainment resort destination in the region located at the centre of the crescent of The Palm in Dubai, partnered with Expedia Media Solutions to reach luxury travelers across Europe and increase bookings to the iconic resort. To understand how to reach target audiences at the right point of sale, a thorough analysis of the market was activated. The successful campaign focused on major markets in Europe such as the UK, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Denmark and Norway and delivered an ROAS of almost 12:1, achieving more than 78 million impressions.
2015 EMEA Airline Campaign of the Year: Scandinavian Airlines
Scandinavian Airlines’ goal in 2015 was to maintain exposure with Expedia audiences for international routes across the U.S., Europe and Asia. Keeping its long term goal in mind, Expedia Media Solutions worked with the Scandinavian Airlines’ team to run two six-month long programs featuring inspirational content focused on awareness and product banners focused on conversions. The campaign ran on over eight Expedia.com points of sale and leveraged strategic targeting to ensure the content was given the most qualified and relevant exposure across the Expedia site. The campaign resulted in a 26 percent year over year increase in sales.
2015 EMEA Most Innovative Campaign of the Year: Israel Government Tourism Organization
The Israel Government Tourism Organization worked with Expedia Media Solutions to position Tel Aviv as an LGBT destination to audiences in the U.K. and Italy. The Expedia product team created the first LGBT sponsorship offering featuring over 140 exclusive and relevant deals and followed it up with a strong display campaign promoting other Israeli destinations. The campaign showed positive results across all target markets. In the U.K., there was a 23 percent growth in passengers and a 19 percent growth in rooms booked year over year.
2015 Global Brand USA Campaign of the Year: Utah Office of Tourism
As part of the Utah Office of Tourism “Cafeteria Cooperative Program” developed by their agency Ad+genuity Marketing Solutions, Inc., Utah partnered with Expedia Media Solutions and Brand USA to create a cohesive advertising campaign that connected with target audiences throughout each phase of the consumer journey including awareness, inspiration, consideration and activation. The program highlighted the state’s unique diversity of regional activities to travelers across Canada, England and Australia. Display ads, sponsorships and social content directed audiences to a custom microsite that was built to highlight Utah’s diverse activities. The interactive microsite showcased snow sports, national parks, outdoor activities, culture and entertainment and allowed users to toggle between travel preferences so that they could build their perfect Utah vacation. Utah’s cooperative partners each received feature placements on the microsite as well as direct media to drive bookings to their destination. The campaign was highly successful and resulted in a year over year increase in room nights of 22 percent, 65 percent and 25 percent for Canada, Australia and England respectively.
2015 EMEA TravelAds Partner of the Year: AccorHotels
AccorHotels partnered with Expedia Media Solutions to leverage TravelAds, a solution that could be implemented across diverse regions at the local and hotel level. By creating a guided presentation showing each of their hotels how to use the product, AccorHotels became an early adopter of scheduled ads which allows hotels to set competitive bids according to a customer’s travel dates.
About Expedia Media Solutions
Formed in 2007, Expedia Media Solutions is dedicated to building online and offline media partnerships for travel and non-travel brand advertisers and to enable them to leverage the unique media value of Expedia’s network of leading travel brands and global points of sale. Expedia Media Solutions is operated by Expedia, Inc. For more information, visit www.advertising.expedia.com.
About the Expedia group
The Expedia group (NASDAQ: EXPE) is one of the world’s leading travel companies, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes leading online travel brands, such as:
- Expedia.com®, a leading full service online travel company with localized sites in 33 countries
- Hotels.com®, the lodging specialist that offers Hotels.com® Rewards and Secret Prices through its mobile booking apps and localized websites in more than 65 countries
- Hotwire®, a leading discount travel site that offers Hot Rate® Hotels, Hot Rate® Cars and Hot Rate® Airfares, as well as vacation packages
- HomeAway®, a global online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, which also includes the VRBO, VacationRentals.com and BedandBreakfast.com brands, among others
- Travelocity®, a pioneer in online travel and a leading online travel brand in the US and Canada
- Orbitz Worldwide, a global travel portfolio including Orbitz, ebookers and CheapTickets brands, and business-to-business offerings including Orbitz Partner Network and Orbitz for Business
- Wotif Group, a leading portfolio of travel brands including Wotif.com®, Wotif.co.nz, lastminute.com.au®, lastminute.co.nz and travel.com.au®
- Expedia Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B business that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions
- Expedia® Media Solutions, the advertising sales division of Expedia, Inc. that builds media partnerships and enables brand advertisers to target a highly-qualified audience of travel consumers
- Egencia®, a leading corporate travel management company
- Venere.com™, the online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
- trivago®, a leading online hotel search with sites in 55 countries worldwide
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of online and in-market concierge services, activities, experiences and ground transportation in hundreds of destinations worldwide
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, a provider of exceptional value and expert advice for travelers booking cruises and vacations through its network of over 200 retail travel agency franchises across North America
- CarRentals.com™, a premier online car rental booking company with localized sites in 13 countries
Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. © 2016 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. CST: 2029030-50