Media Solutions Partner Survey Spring 2023 Giveaway
Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: March 27, 2023
1. Dates/Eligibility: The Expedia “Media Solutions Partner Survey Spring 2023 Giveaway” promotion (“Promotion”) begins at 7:00 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on March 29, 2023 and ends at 11:59 pm PDT on April 14, 2023 (“Entry Period”). Promotion is open only to partners in good standing who complete a survey response for the Display Partner Survey Spring 2023 or the TravelAds Partner Survey Spring 2023 during the Promotion and who are at least twenty-one (21) years old. Employees of Expedia, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees are not eligible to enter.
2. Agreement to Terms and Conditions: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Terms and Conditions, (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding, and (c) receiving emails from Expedia. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. How to Enter: At any time during the Entry Period, click on the unique survey link in the email received and complete the survey to be entered into the Promotion. One (1) entry per person.
4. Prize: Two (2) winners (one each for the Display Partner Survey and the TravelAds Partner Survey) will receive a $1,000 coupon code that applies only to flight + hotel package bookings made online at the Expedia website (specific URL to be identified in the reward coupon). The redemption period is between 12:01am PT, April 15, 2023 to 11:59pm PT, April 14, 2024 and the travel dates must be between April 15, 2023 to 11:59pm PT, December 31, 2024 (inclusive). Coupon code can only be used on one (1) booking. The coupon code can only be used for pre-pay bookings and cannot be redeemed against bookings which are paid at the destination.
Re-bookings are not allowed. The value of the booking is not refundable. Booking is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Certain blackout dates and travel restrictions may apply.
The Prize will only be awarded to the entrant from the unique email survey link as the method of entry. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for, and accept no liability in relation to, any portion of the Prize that may be cancelled, rescheduled, delayed, postponed or otherwise affected for any reason.
Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of all prizes is $2,000 USD.
Winners are responsible for paying any applicable federal, provincial, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to travel documents (i.e., passport and/or visa applications, if required), ground transportation, luggage fees, hotel accommodation not included in prize above, meals, beverages, hotel incidentals, activities exceeding the value of the coupon code, souvenirs and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for a prize, a winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not be liable for any airline and/or hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling flight and/or hotel reservations. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Prize is awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The prize is subject to and a winner must abide by the prize providers’ terms and conditions of booking, of carriage for the flights and of stay for the hotel.
5. Prize Conditions: Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the Prize: (i) Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion); (ii) if the winner does not utilize the code fully, then any such funds not utilized will be forfeited in their entirety and nothing will be substituted in their place; (iii) Sponsor reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Prize or any component thereof; and (b) substitute the Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or a prize component of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, a cash award; (iv) by accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part.
6. Selection of Winner: On or about April 17, 2023 at 10:00 am PT, at Expedia’s office at 1111 Expedia Group Way W., Seattle, WA 98119, Sponsor or its agent will select two (2) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. No need to be present to win.
7. Requirements of Potential Winner: If a potential winner does not respond and comply with these Terms and Conditions, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. If the prize is forfeited, Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate entrant. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. Unclaimed prize may not be awarded.
8. Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Terms and Conditions; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Promotion, violates these Terms and Conditions, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Promotion is subject to federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
9. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this promotion, the winner grants the Sponsor permission to use their name and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes without additional compensation (except where prohibited). Winners are liable for any tax liability accruing as a result of this promotion. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize is permitted by any winner. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Terms and Conditions. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Expedia, its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in this promotion, or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the promotion; (b) printing errors; (c) errors in the administration of the promotion or the processing of entries; or (d) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the promotion or acceptance, receipt use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the promotion, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, incidental, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. By entering this promotion, entrants acknowledge that they have read and understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
10. Collection and Use of Your Personal Information: Sponsor may collect and process your personal information directly or through our agents or contractors. We will use your personal information as necessary in order to conduct and manage the Sweepstakes, and, where we have a lawful basis to do so, to send marketing communications to you. We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, agents, and contractors to assist in conducting and managing this offer, communicating with you, or storing data. Please see our Privacy Statement, https://www.expedia.com/lp/lg-privacypolicy, for more information about how we process your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.
11. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
12. Winner’s Name: For a listing of the name of the prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Expedia, Inc., Attn. Media Solutions Marketing, 1111 Expedia Group Way W., Seattle, WA 98119. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
13. Sponsor: Expedia, Inc., 1111 Expedia Group Way W., Seattle, WA 98119