Media Match Allows Disaster-Affected Los Cabos to Maximize Marketing Resources and Sustain Tourism During Recovery
Bellevue, Wash, October 8, 2014 — Expedia® Media Solutions, the advertising division of Expedia, Inc., today announced that it will offer marketing support for tourism boards, hotels and organizations in the Los Cabos municipality of Mexico, recently affected by Hurricane Odile. The offering, a 3:1 media dollar match for display campaigns on Expedia, Inc. websites, is designed to help the disaster-affected area sustain visibility and boost tourism during the recovery period. Starting immediately, new and existing advertisers in Los Cabos can work with Expedia Media Solutions to develop display campaigns and triple the value of their media budgets, effectively broadening their reach to targeted tourist audiences shopping on Expedia, Inc. sites. “Our media match programs have been available following other natural disasters in the U.S. and internationally and we’ve found that when leveraged effectively, destinations can drive revenue for their communities,” said Noah Tratt, senior global vice president, Expedia Media Solutions. “We are hopeful that by working with organizations in Los Cabos, we can help reinvigorate tourism for the region and alleviate some of the economic strain resulting from Hurricane Odile.” In 2011, Japanese tourism was shattered by the devastating earthquake, tsunami and nuclear power plant scare. According to the Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO), from the time of the earthquake through the week of July 25, tourism dropped to 73 percent below the previous year’s average. To help revive the country’s tourism industry, JNTO collaborated with Expedia Media Solutions to create an uplifting online ad campaign that was featured on Expedia’s UK website July through October 2011. During the campaign, demand for travel from the UK to Japan increased by approximately 40 percent compared to the period prior to the campaign. To be eligible, display campaigns must be run between January 1st and March 31st, 2015. Interested hotels, tourism organizations and boards can contact Expedia Media Solutions at email@example.com.
About Expedia Media Solutions
Formed in 2007, Expedia Media Solutions is dedicated to building online and offline media partnerships for travel and non-travel brand advertisers and to enable them to leverage the unique media value of Expedia’s network of leading travel brands and global points of sale. For more information, visit www.advertising.expedia.com.
About Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) is the largest online travel company in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands, including:
- Expedia.com®, the world’s largest full service online travel agency, with localized sites in 31 countries
- Hotels.com®, the hotel specialist with sites in more than 60 countries
- Hotwire®, a leading discount travel site that offers opaque deals in 13 countries on its 12 sites in North America, Europe and Asia
- Egencia®, the world’s fifth largest corporate travel management company
- eLongTM, the second largest online travel company in China
- Venere.comTM, the online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
- trivago®, a leading online hotel search company with sites in 39 countries
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of in-market concierge services, activities and experiences in 18 markets worldwide
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, one of North America’s leading retail cruise vacation experts
The company delivers consumers value in leisure and business travel, drives incremental demand and direct bookings to travel suppliers, and provides advertisers the opportunity to reach a highly valuable audience of in- market travel consumers through Expedia Media Solutions. Expedia also powers bookings for some of the world’s leading airlines and hotels, top consumer brands, high traffic websites, and thousands of active affiliates through Expedia® Affiliate Network. For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.